Specialty lenders have carved out a niche. Below are a few examples of products available via the Specialty Lender:
- Fast closing. When a client must close a loan fast, we have lenders that can close within 2-weeks. In order for this quick close to occur the borrower should have as many of the following as possible:
- current appraisal
- phase one environmental report (assumes no issues)
- Mortgage Title Commitment (with exception documents)
- If available a survey
- In addition to these items the typical material needed for underwriting; rent roll, property description, historic operating statements on subject collateral, financial statements on the principals (sometimes tax returns are also required). A delay may occur if some of these reports are not available.
- If you wish to use your IRA funds to acquire and finance a commercial real estate property, we have lenders that specialize in this area. Lenders generally require a little more equity than standard bank loans. We can help put you in touch with an adviser to walk you through IRA the requirements prior to obtaining a loan using your IRA funds. Therefore, you can tap into your IRA funds without being penalized for an early withdrawal.
Truly Non-Recourse loan.
- While most lenders require the principals to execute a limited guaranty on loans generally considered non-recourse limited to Bad Boy provisions. For example: fraud, waste, misappropriation of proceeds, environmental losses, and bankruptcy. This means in a Tenant In Common (TIC) structure someone must step up and sign the Bad Boy carve-outs. This can be a challenge when the TIC Organizer is no longer available to execute one of these limited recourse guaranties. We have a portfolio lender that will consider loans. These loans are from $7 million to $65 million on Office, Hotels, Industrial and not require any warm body limited guaranties.
Loans on Coops and/or Homes Associations (HOA).
- We have lenders that specialize in originating and funding repairs and improvements to properties held in cooperatives and HOA’s.
Interest rates are updated each business day. Most interest rates are indexed against SWAPs or the similar term of US Treasuries. We use Bloomberg to track most of the Treasury rate. Our interest rates are updated each business day at: Commercial Real Estate Mortgage Rates.
On our web site you can read about specific loan products: www.caffreyloans.com/loan-products, offered by Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, HUD/FHA, Commercial Mortgage Back Securities (CMBS) and other loan products. Want more details on sample interest rates for apartment check out Interest Rates for Apartment Loans also on our web site: www.caffreyloans.com/apartment-loans.